Friday, April 04, 2008

Worst day that I can remember

So here's the update. I had one of the shittiest days at work ever.

I did however purchase 457 shares of Quantum Fuel Systems Tech (NASDAQ: QTWW) at 1.01 per share on Monday and sold all of them for 1.25 per share today, which after the 9.99 for both buy AND sell commission fees, equaled an initial investment (including commission) of 471.56. I sold it all today for 561.26 (again, including commission) which made me a net profit of 89.70. This is a total profit of around 19.7%, commission(s) included.

Not bad me. Not bad at all.

Now if my account were valued at 150,000 instead of the 1,500 (now 1643.47), the commissions would have been a non-factor, and the margins would have been, well, let's say for a lack of a better term, ridiculous.

For my first trade ever, I have to say that I'm pleased with the performance of QTWW. I bought it 2/10 of a point down and sold it for 2/10 of a point up from where I intended to buy and sell, which cost me around 5% profits, but I can't complain with the end results. Later in the afternoon I also purchased shares of ACUS (+21.52%), MSPD (+7.67%), and TVIN (-4.56%), which are already speaking for themselves at closing (besides TVIN).

I have a large hedge against TVIN going down any more, and I actually believe it will increase at least two-fold, as why I am still holding onto the stock instead of bailing on it after a 2% loss.

To be continued...
 

  posted by Atlas at 6:46 PM
 
 
Comments: Post a Comment